This week I had the honor of attending the Forbes 2019 Cloud 100 dinner to honor the best, most innovative cloud companies in the world. It’s Illumio’s third year (2016, 2018 and 2019) on this elite list of cloud companies, and my first time attending as CMO.
Illumio placed 25th on the Cloud 100 list of the best private cloud companies in 2019.
What is the Cloud 100 list? Forbes assembles it each year with Bessemer Venture Partners and Salesforce Ventures. They recognize the best private cloud companies in the world, from small startups to private-equity-backed giants. Forbes notes that companies stand out for strong growth and sales, valuation, and culture. They also have strong reputations amongst CEOs from public-cloud-company peers.
Forbes has continually recognized us for our innovation that prevents threats from spreading inside organizations. We make security segmentation simpler, faster, and more cost-effective. Historically this has been done with big, expensive data center firewalls. This makes it highly cost prohibitive, time intensive, slow, and hard to manage. This is no longer the case thanks to Illumio.
Perhaps even more powerful validation than Forbes comes from our customers—here are a few quotes they’ve shared on why they rely on us to protect critical data:
- "Illumio is a fantastic solution for micro-segmenting our servers."
- “Creating policies becomes very simple and quick.”
- “We were considering NSX for our micro-segmentation project but the Illumio solution made this simpler and more affordable.”
- “Illumio made it possible for us to move workloads from on-prem to the Azure cloud and then to the AWS cloud easily and not compromise any of the security.”
- “Trying to achieve this level of segmentation/lockdown without this approach would be a much more significant task requiring many more days/weeks to complete.”
Forbes has recognized us not only for how our security innovation benefits companies the world over, but also for the broader appeal and growth over the past year:
- Illumio became the first security segmentation technology to earn Common Criteria Certification, meaning we are the only such product certified to protect US Defense agencies. This complements our Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) 140-2 Level 1 security certification.
- We have unveiled Illumio Labs, our initiative to develop and share cutting-edge research and projects for securing data and applications. Illumio Labs has already shared new cloud security prototypes so organizations can better secure their workloads in Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Over the past year, we have also experienced an 81 percent increase in protected workloads, a 120 percent increase in customers outside of the U.S., and an 80 percent increase in overall customers.
It is certainly fulfilling to receive kudos from Forbes, and it only compels us to do more and move even faster. Something we often say around the office is “onwards!”, which is a testament to our collective drive towards continued excellence.