Illumio Closes Record Fiscal Year with 60+ Percent Revenue Growth on Surging Demand for Zero Trust Segmentation
Sunnyvale, CA – March 1, 2022 – Illumio, Inc., the pioneer and leader of Zero Trust Segmentation, today announced that it has closed a record fiscal year ending in January 2022 (FY’22) with over 60 percent worldwide revenue growth, further cementing its leadership of the Zero Trust Segmentation market. The company reported nearly 100 percent year-over-year growth in total bookings and added more than 140 new customers. 27 Illumio customers are now at over $1M ARR, and more than 15 of the Fortune 100 protect their data with Illumio.
Organizations are facing the most catastrophic breaches and ransomware attacks in history, despite record security spending that is expected to top $170 billion this year. Zero Trust Segmentation is in the early stages of mainstream market adoption as a proven security approach that stops breaches and ransomware from spreading into cyber disasters. The vast majority of organizations (91 percent) plan to implement segmentation strategies within the next 24 months, according to recent research from Enterprise Strategy Group.
Illumio’s recent business highlights also include:
- Secured a $225M Series F funding round at a $2.75B valuation, led by Thoma Bravo and supported by Franklin Templeton, funds managed by Hamilton Lane, Owl Rock (a division of Blue Owl Capital), and other leading enterprise investors.
- Protecting more than two million workloads for hundreds of the world’s leading organizations.
- Launched Illumio CloudSecure®, a new SaaS product that gives organizations agentless visibility into cloud-native applications and enables teams to build and orchestrate cloud workload security policies at scale with native controls.
- Introduced a new Visibility and Ransomware Containment solution to allow organizations of any size to gain visibility into risks created by communications across their applications, devices within the entire IT estate, and the ability to quickly block risky ports to proactively reduce an attack surface or reactively isolate ransomware.
- Launched new Illumio Core® innovations which further automate security controls to protect specific high-value assets, such as intellectual property or customer data.
- Strengthened leadership team with the appointments of Kathleen Swift as Chief People Officer and Mike Kourey to the board and as Chairperson of the Audit Committee.
- Expanded to Japan to meet increasing demand in the Asia Pacific market.
- Announced a Managed Service Provider Program to empower MSPs to protect customers with Zero Trust Segmentation.
- Unveiled the Technology Alliance Partner Program, with inaugural partners HashiCorp, IBM Security, and Tenable to accelerate the path to Zero Trust security adoption for modern enterprises.
"The cybersecurity industry is at a breaking point, but there is a lot of reason for hope despite the huge attacks and catastrophic breaches we witnessed last year," said Andrew Rubin, CEO and co-founder of Illumio. "Demand for Zero Trust Segmentation is surging and mainstream adoption is underway because organizations are finally assuming breach, and Illumio has proven we can stop attacks from spreading. Our remarkable fiscal year is evidence of this market growth and also demonstrates the momentum behind a broader Zero Trust strategy. Thank you to our customers, partners, and team members for their support."
“Illumio continues to grow at a remarkable rate,” said Anup Singh, CFO of Illumio. “Our product innovation has helped us to broaden and diversify our customer base, both in terms of size and industry, which has allowed us to grow rapidly, globally, and strategically. This year's momentum is a signal that our opportunity is uncapped as reducing risk and increasing cyber resilience remains a top priority for modern organizations.”
Also today, Illumio announced the appointment of Jennifer Johnson as Chief Marketing Officer (CMO). Jennifer is a seasoned CMO and category designer in the enterprise software and cybersecurity industry, most recently serving as Chief Marketing and Strategy Officer for Amplitude (NASDAQ: AMPL), which went public via direct listing in September of 2021. Prior to Amplitude, Jennifer was CMO at Tenable (NASDAQ: TENB) and was instrumental in its 2018 initial public offering, as well as CMO at Tanium, a leader in cybersecurity and systems management.
Illumio, the pioneer and market leader of Zero Trust Segmentation, prevents breaches from spreading into cyber disasters. Illumio protects critical applications and valuable digital assets with proven segmentation technology purpose-built for the Zero Trust security model. Illumio ransomware mitigation and segmentation solutions see risk, isolate breaches, and secure data across cloud-native apps, hybrid and multi-clouds, data centers, and endpoints, enabling the world’s leading organizations to strengthen their cyber resiliency and reduce risk.