ILLUMIO NEWS RELEASE
Forbes Names Illumio as One of the World’s “Hottest” Technology Companies
SUNNYVALE, Calif. — January 7, 2016 — Illumio, the adaptive security company, announced today that it has been recognized on two of Forbes “Hottest” lists as an industry breakout—the Hottest Startups of 2015 and the Hottest Cybersecurity Startups of 2015.
“We’re thrilled to be recognized by Forbes,” said Andrew Rubin, CEO and co-founder of Illumio. “Illumio is providing the world’s largest organizations with the freedom to take their computing anywhere the business demands while dramatically reducing the attack within their data centers and clouds.”
Illumio was built to secure the 80 percent of computing within data centers and clouds that perimeter-centric security cannot reach. The Illumio Adaptive Security Platform (ASP)™ is the only security software to deliver live visibility and segmentation that automatically adapts to changes in computing environments.
Illumio ASP improves security in seven key ways:
- Eliminates the complexity of traditional firewall and network segmentation approaches
- Ensures the optimal security policies are continuously enforced for any applications, wherever they are running
- Reduces the attack surface due to errors or bad actors by up to 99 percent
- Provides live, interactive visibility to both the host and the network flows
- Delivers on-demand encryption to protect data in transit without the complexity of VLANs and firewalls
- Auto scales with hosts, and supports DevOps agility
- Provides data center and cloud security that never sleeps; security that is always vigilantly guarding your data center and cloud applications
Illumio delivers adaptive security for every computing environment, protecting the 80 percent of data center and cloud traffic missed by the perimeter. The company’s Adaptive Security Platform™ visualizes application traffic and delivers continuous, scalable, and dynamic policy and enforcement to every bare-metal server, VM, container, and VDI within data centers and public clouds. Using Illumio, enterprises such as Morgan Stanley, Plantronics, Salesforce, King Entertainment, NetSuite, and Creative Artists Agency have achieved secure application and cloud migration, environmental segmentation, compliance, and high-value application protection from breaches and threats with no changes to applications or infrastructure. For more information, visit www.illumio.com or follow us @Illumio.
- Engage with Illumio on Twitter
- Follow Illumio on LinkedIn
- Join Illumio on G+
- Subscribe to the Illumio YouTube Channel
Media and Analyst Contact