Secure Your Health Information System and
Over 80 percent of hospitals and health plans use one of the healthcare industry’s cybersecurity frameworks to take the guesswork out of healthcare cybersecurity compliance. As of June 2017, Anthem, Humana, Highmark, UnitedHealth Group, and Health Care Service Corporation require their business associates to be certified against these cybersecurity frameworks.
Illumio Core™ prevents the spread of breaches with real-time application dependency mapping and security segmentation. Healthcare institutions use Illumio to protect critical applications that process electronic protected health information (ePHI) by disrupting the lateral movement of bad actors across any data center or cloud.
See what's communicating in real time
Illumio’s real-time application dependency map, Illumination, shows you all the connections between system components that store or process ePHI. You can also monitor current and historic flows of ePHI across your network, identifying vulnerabilities and potential attack vectors.
- Easily identify the full extent of your ePHI environment, whether in the cloud or your data center.
Find and solve compliance problems
Undiscovered compliance challenges, like a production server that handles ePHI communicating with a development server, can stall compliance and cost you money and time. Explorer lets you identify problems before the audit starts and enables you to speed the audit along once it starts.
- Ensure that you have properly encrypted all ePHI traffic.
- Identify anywhere development is talking to production.
- Find and validate unusual processes in minutes.
Control access to your ePHI environment
Limit communications into, out of, and within your ePHI environment to only the minimum necessary communications that your systems require to function. Since Illumio Core is software-based and does not depend on the network for segmentation, implementation is faster and segmentation policies automatically adapt to changes in your environment to ensure security always remain in place.
- Segment your ePHI environment in any cloud or data center.
- Address controls around network control; segmentation or segregation in networks; isolation of sensitive systems; accurate mapping; and network connection control.
Encrypt ePHI traffic in one click
Healthcare cybersecurity frameworks require encryption of any ePHI data transmitted across an open or untrusted network. This means any ePHI data that moves between data centers or into the cloud. SecureConnect offers one-click encryption that secures your ePHI data no matter where it is going or coming.
- Save time and avoid mistakes by instantly encrypting ePHI traffic with point-to-point IPsec tunnels.
Show compliance with healthcare cybersecurity frameworks
Speed up and simplify your audits with one-click reporting that avoids slow and costly firewall rule set review.
- Review and validate security policy in minutes instead of hours.
- Generate compliance data that validates the communications and segmentation of your ePHI environment.
“We did a security audit due to HIPAA. When we saw how much was involved in setting up traditional firewalls between our applications/servers...we discovered micro-segmentation. Illumio was by far the best choice."