Financial services are critical infrastructure
Cyber resilience requires an “assume breach” mindset
The goal of cyber resilience is to maintain an organization's ability to deliver services continuously even when regular delivery mechanisms have failed, such as during a crisis or after a security breach.
Cyber resilience acknowledges that attackers will use every tool available to breach a network – this is the definition of an "assume breach" mindset. Businesses must be able to prepare, prevent, respond, contain, and successfully recover when the network is compromised.
Challenges to cyber resilience in financial services
- A diverse technology estate makes consistent security posture challenging
- Getting value from new capabilities is often slow because of complex processes
- Regulatory demands like PCI-DSS scoping often force over-burdening of controls
- The pressure to accelerate digital transformation leads to an uneasy balance between productivity and security
- Highly interconnected banking applications (both within the bank and with third parties) are at an increased risk of supply chain attacks
Illumio's value to the banking sector
Illumio enables banks to prevent cyberattacks from causing major business failures by stopping ransomware and breaches from spreading to critical systems and data.
This ensures that customer data, brand reputation, and regulatory compliance are protected.
How Illumio provides cyber resilience to
banking and financial businesses around the world
Zero Trust Segmentation in Banking and Financial Services
Banks and other financial institutions are using Zero Trust Segmentation as a defense against inevitable cyberattacks.
Cyber Resilience: The Banking Sector’s Top Security Priority
It’s essential for the banking and finance sector to establish building blocks that address systematic risks that could...
Frankfurter Volksbank Invests in Illumio for Compliance Success
The bank met key regulatory requirements with microsegmentation controls and real-time visibility into application traffic.