Forbes Names Illumio to World's Best 100 Cloud Companies
Illumio, the Adaptive Security Company, has been named to the first-ever Forbes 2016 Cloud 100
SUNNYVALE, Calif. — September 13, 2016 — Illumio, the Adaptive Security Company, has been named to the first-ever Forbes 2016 Cloud 100, the definitive list of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world, developed in partnership with Bessemer Venture Partners.
The Forbes 2016 Cloud 100 list profiles the world’s top-tier private companies leading the cloud technology revolution, plus twenty rising stars within the field. With advancements in software, cloud security, or platform development, these companies are redefining the future for all industries and sectors.
“We’re thrilled to be recognized by Forbes and the 2016 Cloud 100 judges,” said Andrew Rubin, CEO and co-founder of Illumio. “Illumio’s founding thesis was to deliver security for our customers that works seamlessly across cloud computing architectures and the largest data centers.”
“These are the companies to watch!” said Byron Deeter, a leading cloud investor and partner at Bessemer Venture Partners. “The Forbes Cloud 100 companies represent the very best private companies in cloud computing. We will see big IPOs and category killers emerge from this list as the cloud computing continues to propel the trillion-dollar software industry.”
“Cloud companies are revolutionizing how businesses reach their customers today from digitizing painful old processes to allowing them more time to focus on what they really care about—what makes their products unique,” said Forbes editor of the Cloud 100 list Alex Konrad. “Inclusion in the Forbes 2016 Cloud 100 list recognizes a company for its financial growth and excellence as recognized by customers and peers.”
The full list can be viewed here www.forbes.com/cloud100.
The Illumio Adaptive Security Platform (ASP) ™ is designed around a series of cloud principles that distinguish our technology and execution from others in the market.
- Simple elegance of experience for customers interacting with the platform from a bone-dry simple UX, rich Restful APIs for DevOps automation and orchestration, and ground-breaking natural language security policy language.
- Taking advantage of the capabilities in modern operating systems and infrastructure rather than overlaying virtual appliances and kludgy client-server technologies that add complexity and reduce scale.
- Work anywhere on anything: private data centers and public clouds; physical servers, virtual machines, and containers.
- Distributed systems architecture that can scale from a few workloads to hundreds of thousands – no last-decade first packet to the controller, SDN-like architecture.
Increasing number of large scale deployments of some of the largest data center and cloud environments in the world by Fortune 500 companies.
Illumio delivers adaptive security for every computing environment, protecting the 80 percent of data center and cloud traffic missed by the perimeter. The company’s Adaptive Security Platform™ visualizes application traffic and delivers continuous, scalable, and dynamic policy and enforcement to every bare-metal server, VM, container, and VDI within data centers and public clouds. Using Illumio, enterprises such as Morgan Stanley, Plantronics, Salesforce, King Entertainment, NetSuite, and Creative Artists Agency have achieved secure application and cloud migration, environmental segmentation, compliance, and high-value application protection from breaches and threats with no changes to applications or infrastructure. For more information, visit www.illumio.com or follow us @Illumio.
- Engage with Illumio on Twitter
- Follow Illumio on LinkedIn
- Join Illumio on G+
- Subscribe to the Illumio YouTube Channel
Media and Analyst Contact