ILLUMIO NEWS RELEASE
Illumio Achieves 300 Percent Bookings Growth as Micro-Segmentation Adoption Accelerates
To support the rapid growth, Illumio has expanded into the Asia Pacific market with regional headquarters in Sydney, Australia
SUNNYVALE, Calif. – March 6, 2018 – Illumio announced 300 percent year-over-year bookings growth during its third year in the market, adding customers from a broad range of industries including banking, insurance, technology, legal, retail, and government. The rapid growth is being driven by organizations who are increasingly turning to Illumio to prevent the spread of threats inside their data centers and cloud environments and meet regulatory compliance standards such as SWIFT, PCI, and GDPR.
As demand for Illumio’s adaptive micro-segmentation technology has grown globally, the company is also announcing the opening of its Asia Pacific operations with regional headquarters in Sydney, Australia. The office will be headed by industry veteran, Rob van Es, who joined the company as Illumio’s Vice President of Asia Pacific.
"Illumio is uniquely suited to address the needs of large and small organizations as they shift investment towards preventing cyber threats inside their data centers and cloud environments,” said Andrew Rubin, CEO and co-founder of Illumio. “Our continued rapid growth underscores that micro-segmentation is fast becoming foundational cybersecurity for the world’s leading organizations and that Illumio is positioned as the innovative leader during the market’s massive expansion.”
- Achieved bookings growth of 300 percent year-over-year during third year in market
- Key customer partnerships with leading global enterprises such as Citi, JPMorgan Chase & Co., BNP Paribas, Workday, Oak Hill Advisors, and many others
- $125 million Series D led by J.P. Morgan Asset Management in June 2017
- Named to the 2017 CNBC Disruptor 50 list
- Increased headcount by over 60 percent in 2017 to support rapid customer growth in North America, Europe, and Asia
- Launched online community, The Segment, and appointed Christopher Khadan as Vice President of Customer Success
Continued Technology Innovation
In addition to significant customer expansion in 2017, Illumio continued its rapid pace of innovation with strategic technology advancements, including:
- Illumio Explorer: Unlocks a new dimension in visualization, allowing operations and security staff to ask "questions" about their network traffic in plain English, such as: "Where is the majority of my permitted application traffic coming from? Tell me all communications going in and out of my regulated apps.”
- Illumio Policy Generator: Allows IT teams to automatically generate micro-segmentation security policies for every workload and application running anywhere. This first-of-its-kind feature manages workload enforcement capabilities that already exist without adding additional firewall hardware or software chokepoints that impact performance.
- IBM and Oracle Partnerships: Illumio Adaptive Security Platform (ASP)™ supports IBM AIX and Oracle Solaris operating systems, providing full visibility and adaptive micro-segmentation to mission-critical systems.
- SecureConnect Gateway: Enables encrypted connectivity between Windows and Linux workloads in cloud computing environments, including Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Compute Engine, and traditional security gateways running in the data center.
- Breakthrough Technology Patents: Patents cover Automating Segmentation Policy (U.S. Patent # 9485279), End-to-End Policy Enforcement (U.S. Patent # 9509574), and Predictive Packet Analysis (U.S. Patent # 9553768).
In 2017, Illumio attracted industry recognition from technology, security and financial analysts, press, and other industry observers, including:
- Goldman Sachs "100 Most Intriguing Entrepreneurs" awarded to Andrew Rubin, co-founder and CEO, for the third consecutive year
- Open Networking User Group (ONUG) "Right Stuff Innovation Award"
- The New Economy "Best Enterprise Security"
- The Cloud Awards “Security Innovation of the Year"
- Cyber Defense Magazine "Best Product in Data Center Security Solutions" and "Best Product in Cloud Security Solutions"
- Global Excellence Awards® "Startup of the Year" (Silver) and "Cloud Security" (Bronze)
- Business Insider’s "51 enterprise startups to bet your career on in 2018"
- Silicon Valley Business Journal’s "hottest cybersecurity startups"
Illumio, the leader in micro-segmentation, prevents the spread of cyber threats inside data centers and cloud environments. Enterprises such as Morgan Stanley, BNP Paribas, Salesforce, and Oracle NetSuite use Illumio to reduce cyber risk and achieve regulatory compliance. Illumio’s Adaptive Security Platform™ uniquely protects critical information with real-time application dependency mapping and micro-segmentation that works in any data center, public cloud, or across hybrid deployments on bare-metal, virtualization and containers. For more information, visit www.illumio.com/what-we-do or follow us @Illumio.
- Engage with Illumio on Twitter
- Follow Illumio on LinkedIn
- Like Illumio on Facebook
- Join Illumio on G+
- Subscribe to the Illumio YouTube Channel
Media and Analyst Contact