The Illumio Adaptive Security Platform (ASP)TM stops cyber threats by controlling the lateral movement of unauthorized communications across application environments.
Illumio ASP is the industry’s first adaptive segmentation technology that provides continuous cyber protection of workloads and applications across bare-metal, virtualized platforms, containerized workloads, and behind network devices – within or across the data center and public cloud.
With a patented, software-only architecture, Illumio ASP provides the new foundation for data center and cloud security by offering a range of segmentation options, including micro-segmentation, and the following highlights:
- Adaptive segmentation that continuously adjusts to changes in the application environment in real time to keep segmentation enforcement intact. Illumio adaptive segmentation includes coarse-grained segmentation, micro-segmentation, nano-segmentation, and user-segmentation.
- Coordinated enforcement of adaptive segmentation policy in the workload, network, and through cloud security controls.
- Live visibility of applications, their components, and traffic flows across all environments, including private data centers and public and hybrid clouds.
- No dependency on the underlying infrastructure to support new or existing environments with bare-metal, virtualization, or containers on premises, in the cloud, or across hybrid deployments.
- Auto-discovery and segmentation policy recommendations or the ability for administrators to define declarative, natural language segmentation policies.
- Modeling of policy to understand policy impact to the application environment without breaking application functionality.
Key benefits include:
- Eliminating blind spots inside data centers and the cloud, and regaining control of your application environment.
- Protecting the 80 percent of data center and cloud traffic that is invisible to perimeter firewalls.
- Immediately detecting unauthorized activity and stopping breaches in their tracks.
- Eliminating service delivery delays and deploying applications with security in hours versus days to weeks.
- Decreasing the number of firewall rules inside the data center by over 95 percent.
- Making your investments in security detection solutions more effective through reducing investigations of unauthorized communications.
- A single solution to protect your applications running in bare-metal, virtualized, or containerized environments on premise, in the cloud, or across hybrid cloud deployments.