Illumio lets organizations understand and micro-segment their computing assets in minutes, across a range of formats in both data centers and public clouds.
The result? Faster time to segmenting high-value assets from bad actors, all while reducing the complexity and cost of traditional infrastructure approaches.
With a patented, software-only architecture, the Illumio Adaptive Security Platform (ASP)TM provides the new foundation for data center and cloud security by offering a range of segmentation options, including micro-segmentation, and the following highlights:
- Adaptive micro-segmentation that continuously adjusts to changes in the application environment in real time to keep segmentation enforcement intact. Illumio adaptive segmentation includes coarse-grained segmentation, micro-segmentation, nano-segmentation, and user segmentation.
- Coordinated enforcement of policy in the workload, network, and through cloud security controls.
- Live visibility of applications, their components, and traffic flows across all environments, including private data centers and public and hybrid clouds with the ability to drill down into traffic and policy details to help administrators find and secure hidden risks.
- Encryption of data in motion with policy-based AES-256 IPsec encryption between a mix of Linux/Windows workloads or Linux/Windows workloads and VPN gateways within and across cloud environments and private data centers.
- No dependency on the underlying infrastructure to support new or existing environments with bare-metal, virtualization, or containers on premises, in the cloud, or across hybrid deployments.
- Auto-discovery and automated segmentation policy recommendations or the ability for administrators to define declarative, natural language segmentation policies.
- Modeling of policy to understand policy impact to the application environment without breaking application functionality.
Key benefits include:
- Eliminating blind spots inside data centers and the cloud, and regaining control of your application environment.
- Control lateral movement by protecting the 80 percent of data center and cloud traffic that is invisible to perimeter firewalls.
- Immediately detecting unauthorized activity and stopping breaches in their tracks.
- Enabling secure connectivity inside and between cloud environments and private data centers with simple policy-based IPsec encryption.
- Eliminating service delivery delays and deploying applications with security in minutes versus days to weeks.
- Decreasing the number of firewall rules inside the data center by over 95 percent.
- Making your investments in security detection solutions more effective by reducing investigations of unauthorized communications.
- A single solution to protect your applications running in bare-metal, virtualized, or containerized environments on premise, in the cloud, or across hybrid cloud deployments.