FISMA and NIST security standards and cybersecurity initiatives like the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Continuous Diagnostics and Monitoring Program require federal entities to identify and secure its high-value assets (HVA) and system components.
The Illumio Adaptive Security Platform® prevents the lateral movement of bad actors by delivering real-time application dependency mapping, continuously monitoring the workload connections, and quickly adapting segmentation controls in response to these changes.
Meet Federal Certification And Reporting Requirements
Illumio is the first enterprise micro-segmentation vendor that is certified against the National Information Assurance Partnership (NIAP) Protection Profile for Enterprise Security Management, Policy Management v2.1. The list of Illumio certifications include:
Design Your Strategy For Securing High Value Systems
Develop a shared understanding of your data center environment via the real-time application dependency map. The map will enable your organization to:
- Collaborate and share responsibility across key stakeholders
- Identify and scope your high value systems
- Understand your attack surface
- Identify critical security gaps
- Prioritize and design your security segmentation strategy and road map
Continuously Monitor And Secure Your High Value Systems
Mitigate lateral movement attacks and comply with risk standards and federal cybersecurity mandates on continuous diagnostics and monitoring. Illumio ASP’s analytics, automation and orchestration capabilities will help your team:
- Maintain an accurate inventory of high value assets and system components.
- Avoid breaking production applications via policy modeling and targeted monitoring with visual feedback.
- Effectively secure legitimate connections across heterogeneous compute environments.
- Continuously monitor for changes in connections and detect for anomalous behavior, policy deviations, and unauthorized and failed connections.
- Automate and orchestrate security and IT operations via integration with third party tools.
- Integrate with CI/CD tools to automatically provision security in cloud native environments, at scale.
Decouple Security From Networking
Illumio ASP moves security closer to the host, eliminating the need to keep track of networking constructs like IP addresses, VLANs, and firewall orders. You can quickly deploy and update your firewall rules in response to rapid changes in the environment. Illumio helps you:
- Avoid deploying more VLANS, switches, and data center or virtual firewalls to support granular segmentation of your east-west traffic.
- Avoid breaking production applications by modeling and testing segmentation policies before full enforcement.
- Encrypt data-in-transit, on demand, across multi-cloud and hybrid-cloud environments.
- Enable visibility and enforcement across containers and non-containerized workloads.
Improve Vulnerability And Patch Management
Overlay third-party vulnerability scan data with an application dependency map to identify an attacker’s potential pathways.
- Prioritize patching strategy
- Use process segmentation as a compensating control when patching is not immediately feasible
- Avoid breaking applications by testing before full enforcement and by applying process-based-segmentation to secure connections