5 Must-Know Insights from Zero Trust Pioneer Chase Cunningham
Have you ever wanted to sit down for a conversation with the cybersecurity industry’s leading experts? Exploring Zero Trust through new perspectives and industry lenses?
Now you can.
Today, Illumio is launching a new podcast – The Segment: A Zero Trust Leadership Podcast.
Every other week, I will connect with the top security industry experts, analysts and influencers to explore the latest cybersecurity and ransomware trends – shedding new light on an evolving threat landscape with an emphasis on how to build resilience and maximize ROI through Zero Trust.
Get Zero Trust guidance from the experts
This 12-episode series will unpack how modern organizations can reduce security risk and curtail the business impact of breaches with Zero Trust – a “never trust, always verify” approach to cybersecurity.
Hear from guests, including:
- Dr. Chase Cunningham, also known as “Dr. Zero Trust”
- George Finney, CSO at Southern Methodist University
- Gerald Caron, CIO, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Office of the Inspector General (OIG)
- Vishal Salvi, CISO & Head of the Cybersecurity Practice at Infosys
- Ann Johnson, Corporate Vice President, Microsoft Security Business Development
Learn how to accelerate your Zero Trust journey in any sector and in any context, put an “assume breach” mindset into practice, and achieve cyber resilience before your next cyber incident can turn into a business disaster.
At a time when attackers are smarter, more sophisticated, and move more quickly than ever, be sure to subscribe to The Segment: A Zero Trust Leadership Podcast now.
Episode 1: Chase Cunningham, a pioneer of Zero Trust
We begin the series with a true Zero Trust pioneer – the creator of Forrester’s Zero Trust eXtended (ZTX) framework – which has helped organizations adopt Zero Trust security and make more strategic decisions regarding its implementation for years.
Dr. Chase Cunningham, known in the industry as “Dr. Zero Trust,” is the CSO at Ericom Software and a former Forrester analyst. His research on Zero Trust has transformed the security industry, illuminating the efficacy of Zero Trust in a dynamic, hybrid world and helping more organizations trust in Zero Trust.
Here are the top 5 insights from Dr. Zero Trust to listen for in this episode:
- 6:34: Zero Trust is nothing new, just an evolution of something that’s always made sense
- 10:32: You can get Zero Trust wrong – but start small to get it right
- 16:18: What vendors have done to corrupt the Zero Trust market
- 21:39: How APIs are transforming the future of cybersecurity platforms
- 28:34: Federal Zero Trust progress is “fast-ish”
Get the full transcript here.
Listen to the next episode on February 15
Be the first to listen! Subscribe to The Segment: A Zero Trust Leadership Podcast on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts to be notified when new episodes are released.